Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for Saturn Sky insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Baltimore.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives more details to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important part of this process is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shockingly, most insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Maryland drivers could cut their rates by approximately 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the best rates in Baltimore is actually quite simple. Practically every person who is required to buy car insurance should be able to reduce their rates. But Maryland vehicle owners must know how the larger insurance companies market on the web because it varies considerably.
The best way to compare rates for Saturn Sky insurance in Baltimore utilizes the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as if you lease or own, the ages of drivers, how much school you completed, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Your information is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To find lower cheap Saturn Sky insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Baltimore.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Baltimore, MD. To buy the best cheap car insurance in MD, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, military active duty, federal employee, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, premier plus, utility vehicle, early signing, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
If you are trying to find affordable Saturn Sky insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your state. To find insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Baltimore, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Baltimore who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Baltimore?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Baltimore
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Baltimore may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Baltimore that are able to give comparison quotes.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
What Affects Saturn Sky Insurance Rates?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels. Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Do men or women drive better? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men have auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Age of drivers impacts premiums – Inexperience drivers are proven to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
High credit scores save money – Your credit history factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Saturn Sky by improving your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Single drivers may get higher premiums – Your spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. It usually means you are less irresponsible and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Increase comp and collision deductibles to save – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, protects your Saturn from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Avoid traffic tickets – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have severe tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive your Saturn every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your car insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage. A policy that improperly rates your Sky can result in significantly higher rates.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Baltimore Sky insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn Sky has a loan, almost every bank will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Ratings for Maryland auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from a high-quality company can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Baltimore. The ranking data displayed below can help you select which auto insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
You just read some good ideas how to find cheaper Saturn Sky insurance in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Affordable Saturn Sky insurance in Baltimore can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have online price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is available by following these links:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)