The recommended way to find discount car insurance rates in Baltimore is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Maryland.
First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who compare rates annually are highly likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved about $865 a year compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is your target objective, then having some insight into how to find and compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Maryland. To locate cheap auto insurance in Maryland, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Porsche Cayenne insurance discounts in Baltimore
Companies don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Driver Safety – Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Baltimore car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Baltimore car insurance quote.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save you money because it requires personal responsibility.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Porsche could be rewarded with discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayenne auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. To see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Maryland, click here to view.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium information displayed next covers different policy rates for Porsche Cayenne models. Learning how auto insurance policy rates are formulated is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayenne S Transyberia||$298||$606||$382||$22||$114||$1,422||$119|
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3||$322||$670||$382||$22||$114||$1,510||$126|
|Cayenne Turbo S||$398||$796||$382||$22||$114||$1,712||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can influence prices noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Porsche Cayenne annual premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents impact Porsche Cayenne auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Baltimore.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Baltimore for you
If you need to find a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Baltimore can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Baltimore who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. They are well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Baltimore exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Maryland?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
What is the best insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I total my Porsche Cayenne and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Porsche Cayenne Insurance Premiums?
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help calculate car insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may result in fines or a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Maryland department of motor vehicles.
- File car insurance claims and pay more – Companies in Maryland provide the best rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Women and men get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Cayenne insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Insurance losses for a Porsche Cayenne – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Porsche Cayenne vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Porsche Cayenne Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Cayenne 4dr 4WD 176 100 138 58 53 77 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid 4dr 4WD 119BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Porsche Cayenne insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Porsche has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Porsche at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Porsche Cayenne but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Porsche gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
What is the best auto insurance company in Maryland?
Insuring your vehicle with the right car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Baltimore. The ranking data below can help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
A conclusion for your insurance search
When you buy Baltimore car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read a lot of ways to get a better price on Porsche Cayenne insurance in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Baltimore car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Lower-priced Porsche Cayenne insurance in Baltimore can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Baltimore Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)