Unimaginable but true, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Maryland insurance shoppers could save an average of about 55% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Baltimore.
- First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Baltimore. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Make sure you place your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Many insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get coverage price quotes direct online. Getting online rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Baltimore doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the quote system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Baltimore streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest price.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Maryland. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance in Baltimore with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- No Claim Discounts – Baltimore drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Baltimore auto insurance quote in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac could qualify for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, daytime running lights, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, teen safe driver, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- MetLife discounts include good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, claim-free
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, homeowners, theft prevention, driver training, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply in Baltimore. To locate insurers who offer free Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes in Baltimore, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agents
Many drivers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important especially in Baltimore.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you free Baltimore auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you are searching for a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Baltimore can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both sell car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Baltimore who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
- Austen’s Insurance Inc
3407 Eastern Blvd – Baltimore, MD 21220 – (410) 686-4700 – View Map
- Maryland Auto Insurance (the new MAIF)
1215 E Fort Ave #300 – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (800) 492-7120 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Fisher
7839 Eastpoint Mall Ste 4 – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 285-8200 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bennett-Carll Insurance Agency
7435 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd – Glen Burnie, MD 21061 – (410) 760-6651 – View Map
- Anthony Walker Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
8641 Loch Raven Blvd #2d – Baltimore, MD 21239 – (410) 663-8888 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Baltimore should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
What Determines Pontiac Solstice Insurance Costs?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better insurance rates.
- Liability protection limits are a factor – The liability section of your policy is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Allowing your insurance policy to lapse raises insurance rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to pay more for insurance. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines and jail time.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- How your age affects costs – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance rates – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices are for small economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Baltimore, maintaining insurance is required in Maryland but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Pontiac Solstice but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Solstice outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Persistent drivers can save
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Pontiac Solstice insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Baltimore insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information can be read at these links:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)