Want more competitive Pontiac GTO insurance in Baltimore? There isn’t a single person who rejoices having to buy insurance, especially when they are aware that they are paying too much.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Baltimore drivers can save $750 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around. Popular companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Best companies for Pontiac GTO insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Score discounts to get cheaper Baltimore car insurance rates
Some insurers do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their company to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for distant student, mature driver, bundle discounts, good student, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, defensive driving training, accident-free, anti-theft, good student, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, defensive driver, military active duty, driver training, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, safe driver, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for safety features, good student, preferred payment discount, multi-car, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and new move discount.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To view companies that offer many of these discounts in Maryland, click this link.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- What policy terms are available?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Baltimore insurance agencies?
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Baltimore.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Baltimore who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Baltimore car insurance company ratings
Ending up with the best car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Maryland. The ranking information displayed below could help you decide which providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Some car insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Baltimore is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
When you buy Baltimore auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to quoting cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance in Baltimore
Truthfully, the best way to find the cheapest price for Pontiac GTO insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide car insurance in Baltimore.
- Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. When you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)