We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that people who shopped around saved approximately $865 annually compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Nissan Juke insurance in Baltimore is your objective, then having a grasp of the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Nissan Juke insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Baltimore.
First, get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is that you use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in Baltimore is easy if you know what you’re doing. Smart shoppers just have to know the proper methods to compare prices using one simple form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Maryland, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Affordable Nissan Juke insurance quotes in Baltimore
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn substantially lower prices.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for 55 and older, defensive driver, homeowners, theft prevention, early bird, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, student away at school, good student, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide has discounts for defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, good student, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance discounts include good driver, online shopper, renters, safety device, and online quote.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find cheaper Baltimore car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Baltimore, follow this link.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Juke in Baltimore, buying car insurance is required in Maryland but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan with a loan, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Nissan Juke but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Maryland is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Best auto insurance in Baltimore
Buying coverage from a highly-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Maryland. The company information displayed below may help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Nissan Juke?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Baltimore?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
If you’re trying to find a local Baltimore insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Baltimore are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Baltimore exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
Mindy Andreychek – State Farm Insurance Agent
8502 Harford Rd Ste B – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 668-7600 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent agents in Baltimore that are able to give rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverages – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 30/60/15 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like structural damage, court costs and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Maryland requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/15 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Nissan Juke.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/15 in Maryland), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Juke caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Juke to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and falling objects. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, doctor visits, pain medications and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage