Do you want to stop overpaying and find lower-priced Mazda 2 insurance in Baltimore? Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced insurance can deplete your savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop rates annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Mazda 2 insurance in Baltimore is your goal, then having some knowledge of how to compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
Steps to buying low-cost Mazda 2 insurance in Baltimore
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Baltimore is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Maryland. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help reduce prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper 2 coverage is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Vehicle owners have so many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to compare rates for Mazda 2 insurance in Baltimore.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Mazda 2 insurance in Baltimore
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Baltimore car insurance quote.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for switching policies early. The savings is around 10%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a defensive driving class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Baltimore car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, good driver, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, emergency military deployment, federal employee, driver training, and air bags.
- Allstate has savings for safe driver, auto/life discount, farm vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, safe driver, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include good driver, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state. For a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Maryland, follow this link.
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage prices from their websites. Getting online quotes for Mazda 2 insurance in Baltimore can be done by anyone as you simply type in the coverages you want into a form. Upon sending the form, the system sends out for your driving and credit reports and quotes a price. Quoting online for Mazda 2 insurance in Baltimore makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to do this if you want to get cheap rates.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Baltimore who will give you bids to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Baltimore?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Baltimore for you
When researching a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents to choose from. Agents are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agents in Baltimore who may provide you with rate quotes.
Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you contact independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quote information.
Maryland car insurance company ratings
Picking the top insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Maryland. The ranking information in the lists below can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you quote Baltimore car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with independent agents. More affordable insurance in Baltimore is possible on the web in addition to many Baltimore insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
How to find low-cost rates for Mazda 2 insurance in Baltimore
The most effective way to get more affordable Mazda 2 insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Baltimore.
First, learn about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic citations and poor credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper 2 coverage is available in Baltimore. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How Much is Baltimore Car Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)