It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurers in Baltimore.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a low credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Baltimore. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Unbelievably, almost 70% of insureds have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Baltimore could save about 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they just switched companies.
These techniques will tell you how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Drivers just need to learn the proper methods to compare rates from many different companies.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Baltimore car insurance online.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Baltimore car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Mark LT insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Baltimore car insurance quotes online.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Maryland, click this link.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is give them some information including how old drivers are, daily mileage, your occupation, and how much education you have. That rating data gets transmitted to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Maryland. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in MD, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When selecting coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does my Lincoln Mark LT qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lincoln Mark LT?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
Many people just want to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Baltimore.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Baltimore can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Either can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below are Baltimore independent insurance agents who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Cost effective Lincoln Mark LT insurance is definitely available online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Baltimore car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
You just learned some good ideas how to lower your Lincoln Mark LT insurance premium rates in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional information can be read below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)