Do you want to save money by finding more competitive car insurance rates in Baltimore, MD? Baltimore shoppers have a choice when shopping for low-cost Lexus IS 200t insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates for a Lexus and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and Baltimore agents.
All the larger insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give prices for coverage from their websites. Getting Lexus IS 200t insurance prices online is possible for anyone as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on these factors.
Being able to quote online for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Baltimore streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will get an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in MD, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list all available discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Baltimore car insurance online.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new IS 200t may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Baltimore Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Baltimore can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Lexus can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a discount up to 10%.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should definitely cut your policy premiums.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century discounts include theft prevention, early bird, student driver, good student, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including teen driver discount, safety features, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Baltimore.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus IS 200t in Baltimore, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing the right insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Baltimore. The company rank data listed below could help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Compare rates but buy from a local Baltimore insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Baltimore who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Baltimore for you
When looking for a good Baltimore insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they are different because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below are Baltimore exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- David Rosario – State Farm Insurance Agent
3121 Eastern Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 850-4949 – View Map
- Aja Green – State Farm Insurance Agent
7635 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-9433 – View Map
- State Farm: Scott Garvey
3818 Roland Ave – Baltimore, MD 21211 – (410) 889-5840 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Baltimore that can give you comparison quotes.
- Morgan Smith Insurance Agency
847 W 36th St – Baltimore, MD 21211 – (410) 889-9290 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
- Luray Insurance of Baltimore
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 – Baltimore, MD 21208 – (410) 602-2636 – View Map