Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around annually are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for Lexus GS F insurance is your ultimate goal, then understanding how to shop and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Lexus GS F insurance in Baltimore is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Maryland.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Baltimore. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Check for these premium slashing discounts
Some providers do not advertise all discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Baltimore auto insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors can get reduced rates.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Lexus GS F insurance rates in Baltimore.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will bring down your policy premiums.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that offer discounts in Baltimore, click here to view.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Maryland. To find cheap car insurance in MD, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
Many drivers would rather have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Baltimore who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Baltimore will have answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Baltimore for you
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Baltimore that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Jim Craig
2829 O’Donnell St – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 522-6100 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
7915 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-8200 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Fisher
7839 Eastpoint Mall Ste 4 – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 285-8200 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you should always get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Baltimore willing to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Frank Stastny
6822 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 254-1500 – View Map
- Lambert Insurance Inc
1826 Woodlawn Dr # 6 – Baltimore, MD 21207 – (410) 265-7850 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced Lexus GS F insurance in Baltimore is available both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)