If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Baltimore. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for ideas to lower rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Baltimore. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around are highly likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that people who compared price quotes annually saved on average $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is the reason you’re here, then knowing the best way to quote and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Baltimore is to know most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like how you use your vehicles, how much education you have, if you have an active license, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your rating data is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your Kia Optima Hybrid now, click here and complete the quick form.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Protect your Kia vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Maryland and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Optima Hybrid with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Kia and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Optima Hybrid more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower rate quotes on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Baltimore with these auto insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Optima Hybrid insurance in Baltimore.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, membership and employees, driver training, federal employee, good student, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, good student, low natural disaster claims, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, multi-car, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, distant student, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, group or association, company car, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for exclusive group savings, safety features, teen driver discount, newly married, and new graduate.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, multi-car, accident prevention training, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- USAA offers discounts for defensive driver, new vehicle, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, and good student.
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Baltimore, click this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.