A recent study showed that most insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Maryland could save an average of 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Kia Amanti insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Baltimore.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for additional ideas to help reduce premium rates and find hidden discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper car insurance and still get good coverage. We hope to teach you how insurance works and also pocket some savings Shoppers just need to understand the tricks to shop from many different companies online.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Baltimore, MD. To find cheaper car insurance in Maryland, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize the entire discount list very well, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Student in College – College-age children living away from Baltimore attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view providers who offer free Kia Amanti insurance quotes in Maryland, click here to view.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Amanti insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Maryland but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Amanti has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Amanti outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Exclusive and independent insurance agents
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you free Baltimore auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Baltimore should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Different types of Baltimore car insurance agents
When researching a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Baltimore are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
7915 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-8200 – View Map
- Tom Nash – State Farm Insurance Agent
454 E Fort Ave – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 727-4545 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shanda Hayden
7200 Eastern Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 282-7863 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through many companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a list of independent agents in Baltimore who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Hill Point Insurance LLC
1400 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 779-9272 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Luray and Associates Inc
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 – Baltimore, MD 21208 – (410) 602-2636 – View Map