Do you want to learn how to find cheaper Jaguar XK insurance in Baltimore? Having to pay for expensive insurance in Baltimore can empty your savings and maybe even restrict other spending. Getting a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your bills every month.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $850 each year compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for Jaguar XK insurance in Baltimore is your goal, then having a grasp of how to find and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How to buy affordable Jaguar XK insurance in Baltimore
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced Jaguar XK insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Maryland. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and find the best price available.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine prices.
The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive your Jaguar annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your XK may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Drivers with high credit save on insurance – Having a bad credit score factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit score can be improved, you could save money insuring your Jaguar XK by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent auto theft.
Liability insurance risk factors – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insurance rates for married couples – Having a spouse actually saves money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Car plus home equals more savings – Many insurance companies will give better rates for people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare Jaguar XK rates in Baltimore to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can save even more by splitting coverages up.
Insurance losses for a Jaguar XK – Companies use data from past claims to help determine prices. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Jaguar XK vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XK 2dr||167|
|Jaguar XK Convertible||119|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance statistics for a Jaguar XK
The premium information shown next showcases different coverage costs for Jaguar XK models. Understanding more about how rate quotes are established can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$290||$634||$356||$22||$106||$1,408||$117|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$290||$634||$356||$22||$106||$1,408||$117|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$312||$578||$418||$24||$126||$1,458||$122|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$312||$578||$418||$24||$126||$1,458||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in Baltimore location which can raise or lower coverage rates significantly.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions drive up Jaguar XK yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based car insurance rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XK insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on insurance.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Drivers Education – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below compares Jaguar XK insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, accident-free, good student, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, military active duty, membership and employees, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include teen driver, driver training, automatic seat belts, air bags, 55 and older, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford has discounts for air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, and bundle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how you can save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Baltimore. To choose companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Baltimore, follow this link.
Lower rates by being persistent
When searching for cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced car insurance in Baltimore is possible both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find cheaper Jaguar XK insurance in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding more affordable Jaguar XK insurance in Baltimore
The best way we recommend to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in Maryland.
First, gain an understanding of auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and a poor credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Much more information about car insurance in Maryland is available at the links below
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)