It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of insurance customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Baltimore could save themselves up to $750 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper prices for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Baltimore. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives ideas to get low prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Low Cost Mitsubishi insurance rate quotes in Baltimore
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Maryland. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Maryland, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Baltimore car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, good student, accident-free, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, safety device, paid-in-full, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for safety features, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and new graduate.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including safe driver, student away at school, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, group or association, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find better insurance rates.
The items below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Your occupation and insurance rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like lawyers, business owners, and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. Other jobs such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Alarm systems systems cut prices – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Mitsubishi i-MiEV has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- How much liability – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Avoid tickets and save – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Even one ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive.
Can’t I compare prices from local Baltimore car insurance agents?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Baltimore should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Baltimore?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Baltimore can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can sell and service insurance coverage, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore willing to provide price quote information.
Valerie Cherry – State Farm Insurance Agent
6800 York Road – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-6600 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes.
Ratings for Baltimore car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated company is difficult considering how many choices there are in Maryland. The company ratings shown below can help you pick which insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
As you quote Baltimore car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Baltimore is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Baltimore, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance auto insurance rates in Baltimore. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)