Shocking but true, most insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in Maryland could save an average of up to $750 each year, but most undervalue the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount Lincoln LS insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Baltimore.
- Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Find a Baltimore insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper LS coverage is available in Baltimore. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Lower-cost Lincoln LS insurance rates in Baltimore
Some insurers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get lower premium rates.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current LS insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you want the cheapest Lincoln LS rate quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be offered in Baltimore. To see a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Maryland, follow this link.
To find cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to find cheaper Lincoln LS rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting a better price. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Maryland. To buy the best auto insurance in MD, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Neighborhood Baltimore auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Baltimore?
If you are searching for a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore willing to provide price quotes.
- John C Bugg III – State Farm Insurance Agent
6711 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21206 – (410) 661-4949 – View Map
- Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
- Anthony Walker Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
8641 Loch Raven Blvd #2d – Baltimore, MD 21239 – (410) 663-8888 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you will want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Baltimore who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Concrete Insurance
6405 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21206 – (410) 433-0313 – View Map
- Luray Insurance of Baltimore
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 – Baltimore, MD 21208 – (410) 602-2636 – View Map
- Hill Point Insurance LLC
1400 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 779-9272 – View Map
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hail damage, vandalism and falling objects. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 30/60/15 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things like structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Maryland state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/15 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like X-ray expenses, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Lincoln LS.
Since many Maryland drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/15), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This pays for damage to your LS from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your LS in order to get cheaper collision rates.
How much can you save?
As you quote Baltimore auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you a lot of ways to shop for Lincoln LS insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best premium rates are with the least-expected company.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)