If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Baltimore is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Maryland.
First, try to learn a little about coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One tip to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in the U.S. could save roughly $859 a year, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Save Money with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with better insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into prices.
- High premiums for teen drivers – Teenage drivers in Maryland are statistically proven to be easily distracted when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto your insurance will cause a huge premium hike. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most insurers will give better rates for people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare other Baltimore Accord Hybrid insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- How much liability protection – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Know your vehicle’s IIHS safety rating – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
Honda Accord Hybrid claim probability – Insurers factor in historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Accord Hybrid Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Baltimore
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Accord Hybrid can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Baltimore car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, driver’s education, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good student, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-policy, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including homeowners, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, theft prevention, air bags, teen driver, and driver training.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask every company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Baltimore. For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Baltimore, click here to view.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
More affordable car insurance in Baltimore can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Baltimore insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies may not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)