Truthfully, the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to annually compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Maryland.
- First, take a little time to learn about coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides more information to find cheap rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Drivers in Maryland can save as much as $750 each year, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
What Impacts Kia K900 Insurance Costs?
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Listed below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Your stress level may be raising your prices – Occupational choices like fire fighters, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to have the highest average rates in part from intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs like actors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Maryland award most affordable rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Extra policy coverages can add up – Policies have optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Premiums impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your K900 may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
Optional features that lower prices – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop vehicle theft.
Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Kia K900 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
What are good liability limits? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Which Kia K900 insurance is cheapest in Baltimore, MD?
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Maryland. If you want to find cheap car insurance in MD, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia K900 in Baltimore, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a loan, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Kia K900 but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper Baltimore insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow companies to study when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall bill.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer these discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Maryland, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Baltimore that give free quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Who are their largest clients?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
When looking for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Baltimore can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you price quotes.
Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
These agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you contact at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you comparison quotes.
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that will insure your vehicles. Just be aware that consumers can terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don’t think that you’re stuck with any specific company for the full policy term.
Maryland car insurance company ratings
Choosing the best car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Baltimore. The company ratings shown next could help you choose which providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting a policy, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
As you quote Baltimore car insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for Kia K900 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Baltimore car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Cheap Kia K900 insurance in Baltimore is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
Additional car insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Baltimore Car Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)