It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who compare other prices are highly likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Tesla Model X insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
The easiest way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Baltimore.
- First, get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if cheaper Model X coverage is available in Baltimore. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Most of the larger companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you to get coverage prices from their websites. Doing online quotes for Tesla Model X insurance in Baltimore is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. After the form is submitted, the quote system requests your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on the information you submitted. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Maryland. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Maryland, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Tesla at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Tesla Model X and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Tesla as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Five Things That Determine Your Insurance Prices
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Maryland department of motor vehicles.
Cars with good safety ratings mean better prices – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Females pay lower premiums – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Deter theft and lower premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Keep policy claims to a minimum – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Maryland generally give lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Baltimore auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Baltimore.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Baltimore?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Bennett-Carll Insurance Agency
7435 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd – Glen Burnie, MD 21061 – (410) 760-6651 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to include independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below are Baltimore independent agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced Tesla Model X insurance in Baltimore can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Baltimore auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in these articles:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)