To save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Baltimore is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Maryland.
- First, read and learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help reduce premium rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Baltimore. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. When you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Maryland could save approximately 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to shop their coverage around.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Some insurers do not list every available discount very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on S6 insurance in Baltimore.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below shows the difference between Audi S6 insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some companies that possibly offer these discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply in your state. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Maryland, follow this link.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Maryland, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Analysis of Audi S6 rates
The price information shown next covers a range of insurance costs for Audi S6 models. Having knowledge of how insurance quotes are determined is important to be able to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S6 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$522||$382||$22||$114||$1,286||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Baltimore which can alter premiums noticeably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims drive up Audi S6 yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below compares Audi S6 insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi S6 replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Informed Consumers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance prices. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Your gender affects prices – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Males and females cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
The chart below shows the comparison of Audi S6 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Cars with good safety ratings means lower insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- High credit saves on insurance – Your credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your Audi S6 if you clean up your credit. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with poor credit.
- Too many insurance claims will drive premiums up – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Maryland give the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Audi S6 claim statistics – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Audi S6 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Audi S6 Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi S6 4dr 4WD 228 52 294BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Baltimore who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Baltimore?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can handle insurance, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore who may provide you with price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Charles Connolly
6719 York Rd – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (443) 863-7733 – View Map
- Frank Insley – State Farm Insurance Agent
9652 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 256-5600 – View Map
- Nathan Scholze – State Farm Insurance Agent
101 St Helena Ave – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 288-4120 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent agents in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Bruce Cohee Agency Inc
502 Baltimore Ave – Towson, MD 21204 – (410) 823-8777 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Frank Stastny
6822 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 254-1500 – View Map
- Luray Insurance of Baltimore
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 – Baltimore, MD 21208 – (410) 602-2636 – View Map
Best reasons to buy insurance in Maryland
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Baltimore, maintaining insurance is required in Maryland but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your S6 with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents. Affordable Audi S6 insurance in Baltimore is attainable online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce Audi S6 insurance rates online in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)