The best way we recommend to get affordable Lexus RC 300 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Baltimore.
First, spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Make sure you put the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of insurance policyholders in Maryland have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could pocket about $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare other rate quotes.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Maryland. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Maryland, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Baltimore car insurance discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Baltimore auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere.
Buying from insurance agents
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent. Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is still important in Baltimore.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Baltimore that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
These agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Baltimore that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
- Upper Chesapeake Insurance Agency Inc
900 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 385-0455 – View Map
- Morgan Smith Insurance Agency
847 W 36th St – Baltimore, MD 21211 – (410) 889-9290 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Baltimore that are able to give rate quotes.
- Aja Green – State Farm Insurance Agent
7635 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-9433 – View Map
- Raul Braun – State Farm Insurance Agent
8609 Old Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 663-3100 – View Map
- Natasha Parker – State Farm Insurance Agent
617 Stemmers Run Rd, Ste AA – Baltimore, MD 21221 – (410) 238-0071 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Baltimore, get answers to these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Baltimore?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting your policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Maryland?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Add-on coverages you don’t use – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Frequent car insurance claims will cost more – Car insurance companies in Maryland provide discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
High credit scores save money – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. People with excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Lexus RC 300 by improving your credit score.
Continuous car insurance coverage lowers rates – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Maryland motor vehicle department.
Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Your career may increase premiums – Jobs such as real estate brokers, airline pilots, and stock brokers have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like professors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving a lot of miles each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your car insurance policy reflects the correct usage. Improper usage on your RC 300 may be costing you.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a significant other helps lower the price on your policy. It usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, buying car insurance is mandatory in Maryland but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Lexus and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so we recommend shopping around every year to save money.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
When getting Baltimore auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Lexus RC 300 insurance in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective Lexus RC 300 insurance is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)