How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive Honda Element insurance in Baltimore? If online auto insurance comparisons are new to you, you can be overwhelmed because of the huge number of companies competing for business in Baltimore.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely move their business because the odds are good of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare coverages can save money and time.
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing from their websites. Getting Honda Element insurance prices online is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, their system collects your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Honda Element insurance in Baltimore streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get affordable car insurance pricing.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Baltimore, MD. In order to find the best car insurance in Maryland, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance data for a Honda Element
The premium information shown next outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Honda Element models. Learning how policy premiums are calculated can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$220||$418||$426||$26||$128||$1,218||$102|
|Element LX 4WD||$220||$418||$426||$26||$128||$1,218||$102|
|Element EX 2WD||$220||$418||$426||$26||$128||$1,218||$102|
|Element EX 4WD||$220||$418||$426||$26||$128||$1,218||$102|
|Element SC 2WD||$220||$418||$426||$26||$128||$1,218||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific Baltimore garaging location which can alter premium rates substantially.
Car insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below shows the comparison of Honda Element insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Maryland
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Element insurance, auto insurance is required in Maryland but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda Element, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Honda but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Baltimore is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
How You Can Control Honda Element Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Deter theft and save – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Expect high rates for teens – Young drivers in Maryland tend to be more careless when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Never let your car insurance expire – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Maryland motor vehicle department.
High claims frequency drives up premiums – If you file claims often, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Maryland award cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is the ISO rating for a Honda Element?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a Honda Element?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Find cheap insurance prices by comparing often
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented many ways to save on Honda Element insurance in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Baltimore car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Some insurance providers may not have rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Honda Element insurance in Baltimore is definitely available both online and with local Baltimore insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
How to buy discount Honda Element insurance in Baltimore
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Maryland. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Element coverage is available in Baltimore. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)