It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate are very likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that people who shopped around saved over $70 a month compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding the best way to compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
The best way to get budget Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Baltimore is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Maryland.
- Try to comprehend coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
This information will teach you how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the concepts you’re about to learn. Shoppers just need to understand the most efficient way to get comparison rates over the internet.
Most companies give coverage prices online. Comparing prices online for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Baltimore is quite easy because you just enter the coverages you want into a form. Once entered, the company’s rating system gets reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these factors. Quoting online for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Baltimore makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the lowest car insurance rates.
If you want to compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter your coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. To find cheap car insurance in MD, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Determine discounts on Baltimore car insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Baltimore and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with slightly better rates than normal.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, good driver, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- Nationwide discounts include good student, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for automatic seat belts, theft prevention, 55 and older, early bird, driver training, and homeowners.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, pay in full, distant student, and teen driver.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including teenSMART discount, 55 and retired, resident student, auto/life discount, EZ pay plan discount, eSmart discount, and good payer.
If you want affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Baltimore. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Maryland, click this link.
Car insurance agents can help
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Baltimore.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Baltimore who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- If they are an independent agency in Baltimore, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Maryland?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does their agency support local causes in Baltimore?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Maryland?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Baltimore?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Baltimore
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that go into determining your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
- What’s your car’s safety rating? – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Ford Fusion Energi has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Is your car built for speed? – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect rating for your Fusion Energi may be costing you.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Maryland give discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Uninterrupted coverage lowers premiums – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Maryland motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Choosing the best Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Maryland is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, most lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Maryland is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Ford Fusion Energi insurance premium rates in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Baltimore car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Baltimore is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)