Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Baltimore consumers could save almost $750 a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop around.
The best way to find low-cost Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Baltimore.
- Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and bad credit can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Baltimore is to know the trick most of the bigger providers provide online access to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if it has an anti-theft system, your general credit rating, what you do for a living, and whether you drive to work or school. Your details gets transmitted to multiple companies and they return quotes quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Baltimore.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in MD, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Distant Student – Older children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their company to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- E-sign – Many companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the web.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current C-Max Hybrid insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on C-Max Hybrid insurance in Baltimore.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
If you would like to see a list of providers who offer cheap Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes in Baltimore in Maryland, click this link.
Five factors that impact insurance premiums
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Teenage vs. older drivers – Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers have been known to be inattentive when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Annual mileage impacts premiums – The more you drive your Ford in a year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated C-Max Hybrid may be wasting your money. Make sure your vehicle rating properly reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Good drivers pay less – Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Big city or small town – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Maryland cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Low deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance loss probability – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford C-Max Hybrid||99||92||95||94||89||100|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying auto insurance from Baltimore auto insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you can get better rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Baltimore should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- If they are an independent agency in Baltimore, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Auto insurance can get complicated
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Maryland?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Maryland?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
Some companies don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Baltimore is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When you buy Baltimore auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Maryland can be found below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)