Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save about 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes online.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest Volvo V60 insurance in Baltimore is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Maryland. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Baltimore is much easier if you have a good place to start. But Maryland consumers do need to know how insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
Get Volvo V60 Insurance at a Discount
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
Save by driving safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volvo V60 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Volvo. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a building, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Prevent theft and save money – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft.
More performance means more cost – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Volvo V60 insurance loss statistics – Companies use statistical claims data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo V60 2WD||68||53|
|Volvo V60 4WD||136||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When shopping for Volvo V60 insurance in Baltimore there are multiple ways to get quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Maryland. The easiest way by far to compare Volvo V60 insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to physically go to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for auto insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the professional assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Maryland. If you want to find the best auto insurance in MD, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Maryland
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, insurance is mandatory in Maryland but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your V60 more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to save money.
Discount Baltimore car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Baltimore car insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Baltimore and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Baltimore car insurance depending on your company.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in Baltimore. To choose insurance companies who offer online Volvo V60 insurance quotes in Baltimore, follow this link.
Local Baltimore insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Baltimore who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If they are an independent agency in Baltimore, which companies do they recommend?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Baltimore are either independent or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Baltimore exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
Valerie Cherry – State Farm Insurance Agent
6800 York Road – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-6600 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to check rates from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are Baltimore independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Auto insurance company ratings
Finding the top insurer can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Maryland. The ranking information displayed below can help you choose which providers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
When getting Baltimore car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered a lot of techniques to compare Volvo V60 insurance rates in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Volvo V60 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper insurance in Baltimore can be found online and with local Baltimore insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)