Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Maryland insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The most effective way to get discount Hyundai Tiburon insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies in Baltimore.
- It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Shopping around for the lowest-priced policy in Baltimore is not as difficult as people think. If you have a current insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, you can use this information to cut your premiums without having to cut coverage. Shoppers just need to use the most effective way to shop their coverage around instantly.
Finding cheaper Hyundai Tiburon insurance rates is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to take the time comparing rate quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Baltimore auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Tiburon in Baltimore, buying insurance is mandatory in Maryland but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Hyundai with a loan, most banks will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Hyundai but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Tiburon more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Maryland is overpaying over $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to save money.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Hyundai Tiburon.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Maryland limits are 30/60/15), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses like rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, funeral costs and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Tiburon from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Tiburon to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/15 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Maryland state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/15 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.