A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Maryland can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
The preferred way to find cheaper Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Maryland.
- First, get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help reduce premium rates and find hidden discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Finding cheaper Chrysler Pacifica car insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Just take a couple of minutes to compare rates to discover which company has cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it obsolete to physically go to different Baltimore agent offices. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless your situation requires the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although you can price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Maryland. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need Pacifica insurance in Maryland
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, insurance is mandatory in Maryland but it also protects more than you think.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Chrysler Pacifica, it’s most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Take policy discounts and save on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Baltimore
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all possible discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Pacifica insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Maryland, click this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Baltimore who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How are claims handled?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Baltimore who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to contact at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Baltimore independent insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Does my Chrysler Pacifica qualify for pleasure use?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Baltimore auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)