Are you intimidated by the sheer number of car insurance companies in Baltimore? Lot’s of other drivers are too. There are so many companies available that it can quickly become a difficult challenge to lower your rates for Acura RLX insurance in Baltimore. Baltimore is a wonderful place to live, but the high premiums for car insurance can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to be able to afford adequate coverage.
How to buy cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Baltimore
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost Acura RLX insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers that insure vehicles in Baltimore.
- Read about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper RLX coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Regrettably, over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Maryland consumers could save approximately $750 a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Quoting and comparing the best coverage in Baltimore is actually quite simple. Nevertheless, Maryland car owners do need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Acura RLX Insurance Costs Can Be Cheaper
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that go into determining your car insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Your employer is a factor – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers such as lawyers, police officers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premium rates due to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other professions such as professors, historians and homemakers pay the least.
Bundle policies and save money – Lots of insurance companies give better rates to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare Acura RLX rates in Baltimore to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
A good credit history can save money – An insured’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Acura RLX if you improve your credit rating.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a significant other may cut your premiums when buying car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Be proud to be claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Maryland provide the best rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Performance influences prices – The type of vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates tend to be for lower cost passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
Acura RLX historical loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When shopping for Acura RLX insurance in Baltimore there are multiple ways to compare prices from different companies. The recommended way to do a complete rate comparison consists of shopping online.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding more affordable rates.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Baltimore, MD. To find cheap car insurance in Maryland, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura RLX in Baltimore, car insurance is mandatory in Maryland but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Baltimore with discounts
Some providers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Baltimore, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Baltimore who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because prices are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Maryland?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How many years have they been established?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When finding a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agents in Baltimore can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quote information.
- Joe Lawton – State Farm Insurance Agent
9008 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 665-0243 – View Map
- Kennedy Ins Agency – Progressive Insurance
410 Ingleside Ave – Baltimore, MD 21214 – (410) 719-6006 – View Map
- John Stein – State Farm Insurance Agent
6630 Baltimore National Pike #100b – Baltimore, MD 21228 – (410) 744-7733 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Baltimore who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Frank Stastny
6822 Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 254-1500 – View Map
- Morgan Smith Insurance Agency
847 W 36th St – Baltimore, MD 21211 – (410) 889-9290 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
After you get good feedback and low cost Acura RLX insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance. Just be aware that policyholders can cancel coverage any time you want so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for the entire policy term.
Persistence will pay off
We’ve covered many ways to compare Acura RLX insurance rates in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Baltimore can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to saving on Acura RLX insurance in Baltimore
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Maryland. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about car insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Once received, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Baltimore Car Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Homeowners in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Edge in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)