Truthfully, the best way to get budget Dodge Caliber insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Baltimore.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a low credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Caliber coverage is available in Baltimore. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and to quote with all possible companies. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who get price comparisons are highly likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for Dodge Caliber insurance in Baltimore is your target objective, then understanding how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can save money and time.
The quickest way to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Caliber insurance in Baltimore is to realize most of the bigger providers participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details like if your license is active, how much school you completed, how much you drive, and which vehicles you own. Your information is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Maryland. In order to find cheap auto insurance in MD, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The information shown below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Caliber models. Being more informed about how car insurance premiums are established can aid in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact price quotes significantly.
You may qualify for discounts for Dodge Caliber insurance in Baltimore
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Baltimore attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Caliber insurance in Baltimore.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Caliber auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good student, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, mature driver, switch companies, bundle discounts, homeowner, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Allstate has savings for passive restraint, senior citizen, new car, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
If you want affordable Baltimore auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be offered in Baltimore. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Baltimore, click here to view.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Baltimore, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Best auto insurance agent in Baltimore
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Scott Garvey – State Farm Insurance Agent
211 Key Hwy – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (667) 309-3792 – View Map
- Frank Insley – State Farm Insurance Agent
9652 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 256-5600 – View Map
- Kennedy Ins Agency – Progressive Insurance
410 Ingleside Ave – Baltimore, MD 21214 – (410) 719-6006 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below are independent agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quote information.
- Goad Insurance Agency
3229 Erdman Ave – Baltimore, MD 21213 – (410) 558-0396 – View Map
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St – Baltimore, MD 21218 – (410) 366-6566 – View Map
- Maryland Auto Insurance (the new MAIF)
1215 E Fort Ave #300 – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (800) 492-7120 – View Map