The easiest way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to compare prices once a year from insurers that sell auto insurance in Maryland.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Golf SportWagen insurance in Baltimore. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved approximately $850 each year compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Baltimore is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into how to shop and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to find better rates.
Smart Buyers Know How to Quote Car Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Add-on coverages that may not be needed – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, towing, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Men tend to take more risk – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Do you have a tough employer? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, business owners, and emergency personnel generally have higher rates than average in part from job stress and long work days. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Teen vs. experienced drivers – Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Drive less and save – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage. Having the wrong rating on your Golf SportWagen is throwing money out the window.
- Your location is a factor – Being located in areas with lower population is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Cut rates and deter theft – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Never have car insurance policy lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Maryland motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
How to get Baltimore Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get insurance quotes from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Baltimore doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information. Using the web to get rate quotes for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Baltimore makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to do this in order to find affordable prices.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate your coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Baltimore, car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Volkswagen but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Golf SportWagen definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t overlook these Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Online Discount – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on your computer.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Baltimore who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Baltimore exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Baltimore independent agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide car insurance coverage.
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting the best insurer can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Maryland. The ranking information listed below may help you select which car insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Quote often and quote early
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you some good ideas how to find affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Baltimore is possible on the web and with local Baltimore insurance agents, so you need to quote Baltimore auto insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)