To save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Subaru BRZ insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Maryland.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides tips to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper BRZ coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price are very likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Choosing the best rates in Baltimore seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Smart buyers just need to know the most effective way to compare different rates online.
Get Cheaper Car Insurance with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the things used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies in Maryland generally give lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Never have coverage lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Maryland motor vehicle department.
How old are your drivers? – Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Bundle policies and save – Some insurers allow better rates to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Insurance losses for a Subaru BRZ – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting Subaru BRZ insurance prices online is possible for anyone as you just type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system collects reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote determined by many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to get a lower rate.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Subaru BRZ insurance, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Subaru BRZ with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Subaru BRZ but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
You may qualify for discounts for Subaru BRZ insurance in Baltimore
Some insurers don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Baltimore Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Maryland, click this link.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Baltimore auto insurance agent
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Baltimore that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Baltimore?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from local Baltimore agents, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Shown below are Baltimore exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Rich Garcia State Farm Insurance Agency
9526 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 248-3276 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shanda Hayden
7200 Eastern Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 282-7863 – View Map
- John Stein – State Farm Insurance Agent
6630 Baltimore National Pike #100b – Baltimore, MD 21228 – (410) 744-7733 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to contact independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allied Insurance Agency
7840 Eastern Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 282-1111 – View Map
- Senate Select Insurance
5417 Reisterstown Rd – Baltimore, MD 21215 – (410) 358-0411 – View Map
- Upper Chesapeake Insurance Agency Inc
900 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 385-0455 – View Map
After getting reasonable responses to these questions as well as the cheapest Subaru BRZ insurance in Baltimore quotes, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can cancel your policy whenever you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for any length of time.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Subaru BRZ to commute?
- Who is covered when they drive my Subaru BRZ?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Quote often and quote early
The cheapest Subaru BRZ insurance in Baltimore is available from both online companies in addition to many Baltimore insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to reduce Subaru BRZ insurance auto insurance rates online in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)