Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers in Maryland have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Consumers in America could save an average of almost $860 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop around.
The best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to compare prices once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Maryland.
- First, try to comprehend how your policy works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper CT 200h coverage is available in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Cheapest companies for Lexus CT 200h insurance in Maryland
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Maryland. If you want cheap auto insurance in Maryland, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Baltimore, click here to view.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Maryland?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Baltimore auto insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Baltimore.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Baltimore who will give you bids to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Baltimore should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Best auto insurance in Maryland
Selecting the top auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Baltimore. The ranking data in the lists below can help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Shop smart and save
Cheaper Lexus CT 200h insurance in Baltimore is definitely available online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)