It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save on car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Baltimore.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will probably switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent insurance study revealed that people who compared rates regularly saved about $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on Chevy Spark EV insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these methods. Buying the cheapest insurance in Baltimore is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Although Maryland car owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies price insurance differently.
Most of the larger companies allow consumers to get insurance quotes on the web. Doing online quotes for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Baltimore is pretty easy as you just type in your required coverages into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on the data you entered. Being able to quote online for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Baltimore helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to do this if you want to find the best rate on insurance.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you’re receiving a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Maryland. To locate cheap car insurance in MD, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Chevy Spark EV Insurance Premiums Can Be More Affordable
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Spark EV is just wasting money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Men pay more for auto insurance – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females have auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Add-on coverages you don’t use – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises auto insurance rates – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Better prices for being claim-free – Insurance companies in Maryland provide cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Protect yourself with liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Why you need quality insurance for your Chevy Spark EV
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Spark EV insurance, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Best auto insurance company in Maryland
Buying coverage from a highly-rated insurer is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Maryland. The company information in the lists below can help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General