It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who rate shop once a year are likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to find companies and compare insurance rates can make the process less intimidating.
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable Audi A8 insurance in Baltimore is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Maryland.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and your credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on A8 insurance. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Baltimore, MD. To find cheap auto insurance in Maryland, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Good Student – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors can get lower premium rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Baltimore car insurance quote.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce the premium cost.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi A8 car insurance costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
If you are trying to find affordable Audi A8 insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Premium rates and analysis
The price information displayed below showcases a range of rate quotes for Audi A8 models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are formulated is important to be able to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A8 4.2 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$326||$700||$548||$32||$164||$1,770||$148|
|A8 4.2L Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$354||$774||$548||$32||$164||$1,872||$156|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can impact rates considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below compares Audi A8 premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule for dropping full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A8 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better car insurance rates. Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Single vs. married – Having a spouse helps lower the price on car insurance. It means you’re more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Bad driving means higher rates – Your driving citation history influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Even one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have careless citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Audi A8 car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce car insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent car theft.
Male prices may be higher – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The chart below shows the difference between Audi A8 premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
- Continuous car insurance coverage saves money – Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines and jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Maryland motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- You may save more by bundling policies – Most larger car insurance companies provide a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare Audi A8 rates in Baltimore to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Audi A8 statistical loss data – Insurers use statistical claims data when they file their rates in each state. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi A8 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Audi A8 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A8 4dr 4WD 289 108 261 Audi A8L 4dr 4WD 300 88 279 62BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance quotes from local Baltimore insurance agents
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower prices and still have a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Baltimore car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Baltimore?
- Can you contact them at any time?
The difference between Baltimore auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Baltimore can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Baltimore exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Valerie Cherry – State Farm Insurance Agent
6800 York Road – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-6600 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Baltimore that are able to give price quotes.
Once you have good answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Persistent drivers can save
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Audi A8 insurance premium rates in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Budget-conscious Audi A8 insurance can be purchased from both online companies and with local Baltimore insurance agents, so you need to quote Baltimore car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)