We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who rate shop once a year are likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Baltimore is why you’re here, then having some insight into the best way to compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
The easiest way to get discount Toyota Corolla iM insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Baltimore. This can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Immediately put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Finding the cheapest insurance policy in Baltimore is simple if you know the tricks. In essence, every car owner who is overpaying for insurance will probably find a cheaper policy. But Maryland consumers need to learn the way companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
When shopping for Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Baltimore there are multiple ways to compare prices from different companies. The easiest way to find cheaper Toyota Corolla iM rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to and from local insurance agencies. Quoting Toyota Corolla iM insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the trained advice of a local agency. Although, it is possible price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find better pricing.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Maryland. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota Corolla iM, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Toyota gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Save with these six discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of your policy.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, federal employee, air bags, and good student.
- USAA has discounts for multi-policy, vehicle storage, driver training, good student, family discount, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, early bird, multi-vehicle, good driver, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance may include discounts for Pac-12 alumni, claim free, emergency road assistance, renters, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, multi-car, business and professional, distant student, teen driver, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good driver, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Baltimore. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Baltimore, click here.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in Baltimore.
Once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Baltimore who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a good Baltimore insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Baltimore agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Baltimore that may be able to give free insurance quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Baltimore who can help you get comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Bennett-Carll Insurance Agency
7435 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd – Glen Burnie, MD 21061 – (410) 760-6651 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Just understand that you can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so never assume you’re contractually obligated to a policy for any length of time.
Which car insurance company is best in Maryland?
Finding the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Baltimore. The company ratings in the lists below may help you decide which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Toyota Corolla iM?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/15 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical expenses, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Maryland requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/15 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, fire damage, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and hail damage. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Toyota Corolla iM.
Due to the fact that many Maryland drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Maryland limits are 30/60/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like surgery, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Corolla iM resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Corolla iM in order to get cheaper collision rates.
You can find cheaper coverage
People change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Some companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Baltimore can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Baltimore, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
We covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Baltimore. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Toyota Corolla iM insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)