Paying more affordable rates for Pontiac G5 insurance in Baltimore is always challenging for drivers who are new to online comparison shopping. Consumers have so many options that it can easily be a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Maryland drivers could pocket as much as $750 a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Baltimore is much easier if you know where to start. Just about everyone who carries car insurance will most likely find better rates. But Maryland car owners do need to know the way insurance companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Pontiac G5 Insurance
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates.
Bad drivers pay high premiums – Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Just one ticket may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If the Pontiac G5 has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Deter theft and save money – Buying a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Your address can impact price – Being located in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Why do you need liability coverage? – Liability coverage is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Annual mileage and car insurance prices – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your G5 may be costing you higher rates.
Score discounts on Baltimore insurance
Companies don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Baltimore auto insurance online.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used G5 may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Online Discount – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Baltimore auto insurance on the internet.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a course in defensive driver could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to track driving patterns remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Baltimore auto insurance quote as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current G5 insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Baltimore auto insurance online.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce your insurance premiums.
A list of insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multiple policy, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, safety device, claim free, renters, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, newly married, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, and safety features.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multiple vehicles, company car, safe driver, good student, and group or association.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, air bags, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Baltimore.
Shop around and save
Lower-priced Pontiac G5 insurance in Baltimore is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned many ways to save on Pontiac G5 insurance in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Baltimore auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to buying low-cost Pontiac G5 insurance in Baltimore
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to compare quotes once a year from companies in Maryland. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as inattentive driving and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Baltimore. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Once received, place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)