The most effective way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Maryland.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Inconceivable but true, over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Maryland drivers could save 55% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Audi S5 insurance in Baltimore is to know auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including what you do for a living, whether you drive to work or school, if you lease or own, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your insurance information is then submitted to all major companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Audi S5 now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Maryland. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Maryland, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower-cost Audi S5 insurance in Baltimore
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Baltimore auto insurance but check with your company.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi S5 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Maryland state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A few companies that may include most of these discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To locate insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Baltimore, click here to view.
Audi S5 insurance coverage information
The rate information shown below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Audi S5 models. Understanding how insurance quotes are calculated is important for you to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$672||$418||$24||$126||$1,562||$130|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$672||$418||$24||$126||$1,562||$130|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$322||$602||$418||$24||$126||$1,492||$124|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$742||$418||$24||$126||$1,632||$136|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$742||$418||$24||$126||$1,632||$136|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$352||$672||$418||$24||$126||$1,592||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can impact price quotes noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Audi S5 insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Audi S5 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below compares Audi S5 annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi S5 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Local Baltimore insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Baltimore.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Baltimore that provide free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Baltimore?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
After receiving satisfactory answers to your questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an provider that is professional and can properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind you can terminate coverage at any point so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent for the entire policy term.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
With age comes lower prices – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers are known to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Most insurance companies provide lower prices to buyers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Annual mileage and car insurance rates – The higher the miles on your Audi every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your S5 may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your insurance coverage states the correct usage.
Getting married pays dividends – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount compared to being single. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
Audi S5 insurance loss probability – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine rates. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi S5 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S5 2dr 4WD||197||85||161||68|
|Audi S5 Convertible 4WD||162||62||124|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Audi S5 and other assets
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your S5, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Maryland is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Be persistent to save money
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
The cheapest Audi S5 insurance in Baltimore is possible on the web in addition to many Baltimore insurance agents, so get free Baltimore auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)