It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Baltimore.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Baltimore could save an average of approximately 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Baltimore, MD. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Maryland, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insurance analysis for an Audi Q5
The premium information shown below outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Audi Q5 models. Learning more about how auto insurance policy rates are calculated is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q5 3.2 Premium AWD||$340||$882||$458||$28||$138||$1,846||$154|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus AWD||$378||$882||$458||$28||$138||$1,884||$157|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$378||$882||$458||$28||$138||$1,884||$157|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige AWD||$378||$998||$458||$28||$138||$2,000||$167|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line AWD||$378||$998||$458||$28||$138||$2,000||$167|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location information which can alter insurance rates significantly.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Audi Q5 premium costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insuring your Audi Q5 just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi Q5 insurance, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Q5 has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Audi at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Audi Q5 Insurance Rates Can Be More Affordable
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings. Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience are known to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent auto theft.
Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean females are better drivers. They both are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi Q5 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Lower premiums with continuous coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles you can purchase on your Q5 policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Location can impact price – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Claims statistics for an Audi Q5 – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Audi Q5 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Audi Q5 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi Q5 4dr 4WD 143 96 110 61 55 78 Audi Q5 Hybrid 4dr 4WD 156 165BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Maryland?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on Audi Q5 insurance in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Baltimore auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. The cheapest Audi Q5 insurance in Baltimore is definitely available from both online companies and with local Baltimore insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)