How long has it been since the last time you looked for low-cost Acura RL insurance in Baltimore? If you’re new to shopping for Baltimore auto insurance quotes online, most likely you are baffled by the large number local agents and online companies who all claim to have the lowest rates for Acura RL insurance in Baltimore.
Regrettably, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. drivers could save roughly $859 a year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
Buy Baltimore Acura RL insurance online
To get affordable Baltimore auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in Maryland. The recommended way to find cheaper Acura RL rates involves getting comparison quotes online. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Maryland. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage information shown next covers estimates of coverage prices for Acura RL models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are figured helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$268||$510||$406||$24||$122||$1,330||$111|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$268||$510||$406||$24||$122||$1,330||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
How careless driving impacts Baltimore auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can increase Acura RL insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Acura RL insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below compares Acura RL insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Save a ton with these nine discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every policy discount very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Baltimore could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Acura RL insurance in Baltimore.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below shows the comparison of Acura RL auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, good student, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for bundle discounts, homeowner, switch companies, business and professional, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, renewal discount, good student, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, anti-theft, student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, farm vehicle, anti-lock brakes, early signing, and premier discount.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, good student, defensive driver, driver training, air bags, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with each company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be available in Baltimore. To view insurers who offer cheap Acura RL insurance quotes in Maryland, click here.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura RL with a loan, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Acura RL and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Baltimore car insurance agent
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Baltimore auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as falling objects, fire damage, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills like chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, dental work and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your RL resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your RL to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/15 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, court costs, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Maryland requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.