The best way to get the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Baltimore.
First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and bad credit can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on ATS insurance in Baltimore. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One thing to point out is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Regrettably, most auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Maryland can save 55% each year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Baltimore can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners just have to understand the most time-saving way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
Getting a cheaper price on Cadillac ATS insurance is a great way to save money. Just take a few minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to all the different Baltimore insurance agencies. Quoting Cadillac ATS insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online but buy the policy through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Maryland. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Maryland, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Earn discounts on Baltimore car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some must be requested specifically before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will give a small break get Baltimore car insurance on their website.
- Good Student – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- Allstate may offer discounts for defensive driver, economy car, eSmart discount, 55 and retired, and farm vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, anti-theft, good student, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Baltimore. To see companies that offer the discounts shown above in Maryland, click this link.
Insurance is not optional in Maryland
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Cadillac in Baltimore, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your ATS with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Cadillac for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Cadillac ATS and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Maryland overpays more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Which auto insurance company is best in Baltimore?
Ending up with a good quality insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Baltimore. The information shown below could help you select which companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Local agents and auto insurance
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you free Baltimore car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Maryland?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
If you want to use an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Baltimore can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Baltimore that are able to give rate quotes.
Mindy Andreychek – State Farm Insurance Agent
8502 Harford Rd Ste B – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 668-7600 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes.
Once you have received good answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind consumers can cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for any length of time.