Are you tired of overpaying and want cheaper auto insurance rates in Baltimore, MD? Baltimore shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost Nissan Sentra insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Nissan and get the cheapest rates either online or from Baltimore insurance agents.
You should make it a habit to compare prices before your next renewal because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Nissan Sentra insurance in Baltimore a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the right way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Baltimore is much easier if you know where to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the following tips. You just need to learn the quickest method to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Nissan Sentra insurance in Baltimore is to know the fact auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information such as if it has an anti-theft system, whether you are single or married, level of coverage desired, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your Nissan Sentra now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Baltimore.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Maryland. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Maryland, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Nissan Sentra insurance in Baltimore
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Sentra can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce the cost of your policy.
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Sentra auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When getting free Baltimore auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer discounts in Baltimore, follow this link.
Nissan Sentra insurance statistics and information
The table shown below highlights estimates of coverage prices for Nissan Sentra models. Having a better idea how car insurance premiums are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$238||$632||$390||$24||$116||$1,400||$117|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$238||$632||$390||$24||$116||$1,400||$117|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$272||$632||$390||$24||$116||$1,434||$120|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$272||$728||$390||$24||$116||$1,530||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence insurance rates substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
When comparing auto insurance rates, the most common question is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The comparison tables below may aid in understanding the rate differences of buying low and high deductibles. The first data set uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second price grid uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$274||$624||$406||$24||$122||$1,475||$123|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$274||$624||$406||$24||$122||$1,475||$123|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$314||$624||$406||$24||$122||$1,515||$126|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$314||$718||$406||$24||$122||$1,609||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$222||$502||$406||$24||$122||$1,276||$106|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$222||$502||$406||$24||$122||$1,276||$106|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$256||$502||$406||$24||$122||$1,310||$109|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$256||$578||$406||$24||$122||$1,386||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Baltimore which can lower or raise auto insurance rates considerably.
Based on the above data, using a $250 deductible costs roughly $17 more each month or $204 every year than opting for the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $250 more to file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally average at least 15 months between claims, you would come out ahead if you elect the higher deductible. The table below illustrates a better example of how you can come to your own conclusion.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$125|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $108|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$17|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $17|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||15 months|
One important note is that higher deductibles results in more money out-of-pocket if you have a claim. You should have some funds available in the event you need to pay the deductible.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders can affect Nissan Sentra auto insurance rates for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based auto insurance rates by age in Baltimore
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Sentra auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Sentra auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Sentra replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Comparing prices from local Baltimore insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is there a local claims center in Baltimore?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Baltimore
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they work. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are Baltimore exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Frank Insley – State Farm Insurance Agent
9652 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 256-5600 – View Map
- Mindy Andreychek – State Farm Insurance Agent
8502 Harford Rd Ste B – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 668-7600 – View Map
- John C Bugg III – State Farm Insurance Agent
6711 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21206 – (410) 661-4949 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes.
- Austen’s Insurance Inc
3407 Eastern Blvd – Baltimore, MD 21220 – (410) 686-4700 – View Map
- Upper Chesapeake Insurance Agency Inc
900 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 385-0455 – View Map
- Rosasco and Yetter Insurance Agency
8831 Satyr Hill Rd #302 – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 661-1440 – View Map
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Nissan earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Your occupation is a factor – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like lawyers, police officers, and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like scientists, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. The deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
The type of car you drive affects your costs – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Sentra rates compared to other models that have a range of risk factors.
- Save by driving less – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Sentra may be costing you. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage.
Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Sentra – Insurers use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Nissan Sentra vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Nissan Sentra Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Sentra 120 107 81 158 179 141BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Sentra has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Sentra more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rate quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best auto insurance in Baltimore
Picking a high-quality company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Baltimore. The company ratings shown below can help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Be persistent and save
You just read a lot of information how to shop for Nissan Sentra insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Baltimore auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Discount Nissan Sentra insurance in Baltimore can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.
Steps to finding better rates for Nissan Sentra insurance in Baltimore
The recommended way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Baltimore. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)