Inconceivable but true, over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many drivers in Baltimore could save about $750 each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Baltimore. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about policy coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you’re already insured or are shopping for new coverage, use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance and possibly find even better coverage. These tips will introduce you to how to effectively get price quotes. Vehicle owners just have to know the proper methods to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
How to compare free Baltimore GMC Canyon insurance quotes
Getting a cheaper price on GMC Canyon insurance is pretty simple and can save money. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes to compare rates to discover which company has cheaper Baltimore car insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Maryland. In order to find cheap car insurance in Maryland, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Choosing Canyon insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a GMC Canyon in Baltimore, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your GMC Canyon, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your GMC for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your GMC Canyon and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rates and information analytics
The rate information shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for GMC Canyon models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are formulated can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$192||$274||$532||$32||$160||$1,190||$99|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$192||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,248||$104|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$192||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,248||$104|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,248||$104|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$220||$274||$532||$32||$160||$1,218||$102|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$220||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,276||$106|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$220||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,276||$106|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$220||$274||$532||$32||$160||$1,218||$102|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$220||$392||$532||$32||$160||$1,336||$111|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$220||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,276||$106|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$250||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,306||$109|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$250||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,306||$109|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$250||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,306||$109|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$250||$332||$532||$32||$160||$1,306||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in your specific Baltimore location which can increase or decrease coverage rates significantly.
How much more does full coverage cost in Baltimore?
The diagram below compares GMC Canyon annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. Data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your GMC Canyon replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
GMC Canyon insurance discounts in Baltimore
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
The example below illustrates the difference between GMC Canyon car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, student driver, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and business or organization.
- Esurance offers discounts including defensive driver, DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, good driver, emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
If you want affordable GMC Canyon insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered in Baltimore. To see a list of companies with discount rates in Baltimore, click here.
Local Baltimore insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Baltimore that can provide free Baltimore car insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Maryland?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes for GMC Canyon insurance in Baltimore.
- Valerie Cherry – State Farm Insurance Agent
6800 York Road – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-6600 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
- Bob Duda – State Farm Insurance Agent
7939 Honeygo Blvd #105 – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 529-2523 – View Map
- Hill Point Insurance LLC
1400 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 779-9272 – View Map
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
One last thing about your coverage
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, denial of a claim and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare GMC Canyon insurance premium rates in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Baltimore car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Other learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)