It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Baltimore. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and a negative credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more ideas to lower rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around for better prices are very likely to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved $860 a year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your objective, understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
To get the cheapest Chevrolet Cruze rate quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Maryland insurance companies. The quickest method to compare Chevy Cruze insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. Just remember that more quotes helps improve the odds of finding a better price.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Maryland, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get discounts on Baltimore insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all discounts very well, so the below list has some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Baltimore car insurance online.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Baltimore car insurance on the web.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better insurance rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- College Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Baltimore and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better insurance rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should help lower your policy cost.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To locate insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Maryland, follow this link.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Cruze in Baltimore, buying auto insurance is required in Maryland but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Maryland overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What is the minimum liability in Maryland?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Maryland?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does my Chevy Cruze need full coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Baltimore insurance agent
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Baltimore that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Baltimore?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
The following is a list of auto insurance companies in Baltimore that can give you rate quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Baltimore.
- Concrete Insurance
6405 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21206 – (410) 433-0313 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 – Baltimore, MD 21212 – (410) 435-4354 – View Map
- John Stein – State Farm Insurance Agent
6630 Baltimore National Pike #100b – Baltimore, MD 21228 – (410) 744-7733 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kent Schwab
401 Jefferson Ave – Towson, MD 21286 – (410) 433-4700 – View Map