It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who do rate comparisons will probably switch companies because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Baltimore is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can save money and time.
Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Baltimore is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Maryland. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Our goal is to instruct you on how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. But Maryland car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies sell online.
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many car insurance companies in Maryland. The simplest method to find competitive Buick Rendezvous insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in MD, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Maryland is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Maryland and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Buick with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Buick and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Buick Rendezvous Insurance
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Where you call home plays a part – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Buick Rendezvous has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Maryland motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who get serious tickets like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Car insurance rates and age – Teen drivers in Maryland are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Employer and insurance prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations such as military generals, police officers, and financial analysts have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
Cheaper Baltimore insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Rendezvous insurance in Baltimore.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on the web.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current Rendezvous insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Baltimore. To locate companies who offer insurance discounts in Baltimore, click here to view.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my Buick Rendezvous covered for smoke damage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is still important in Baltimore.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Below are agents in Baltimore who can help you get rate quotes for Buick Rendezvous insurance in Baltimore.
- Cyndi Kuhn – State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 Eastern Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 633-5000 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
- Raul Braun – State Farm Insurance Agent
8609 Old Harford Rd – Baltimore, MD 21234 – (410) 663-3100 – View Map
- Paul Funk – State Farm Insurance Agent
307 Frederick Rd – Baltimore, MD 21228 – (410) 744-0077 – View Map
Picking a company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Maryland?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you get answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located a company that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper Buick Rendezvous insurance in Baltimore can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Baltimore auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)