Are you trying to find cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Baltimore? Trying to find cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Baltimore can seem to be quite difficult for people not familiar with quoting and comparing prices online. Drivers have so many options available that it can easily turn into a burden to find a more affordable company.
A recent insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Baltimore consumers could pocket approximately $750 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save money using these tips. Quoting and buying cheaper policy in Baltimore is actually quite simple. Although Maryland vehicle owners do need to know how big insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates because it varies considerably.
What Impacts Buick Regal Insurance Premiums?
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Your spouse saves you money – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Never go without auto insurance – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Maryland department of motor vehicles.
Where you reside – Having an address in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Deter car thieves – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Stay claim-free and save – Car insurance companies in Maryland provide the best rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Don’t cut corners with liability – Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance loss probability for a Buick Regal – Companies study historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
One last thing to lower rates
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, high prices and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Affordable Buick Regal insurance in Baltimore is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding discount Buick Regal insurance in Baltimore
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Buick Regal insurance in Baltimore is to compare prices once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Maryland. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This guarantees a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)