The best way to get affordable Lexus ES 300h insurance in Baltimore is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Maryland.
- Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around for cheaper prices will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that people who shopped around saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Baltimore is your intention, knowing how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Low Cost car insurance in Baltimore, MD
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Baltimore, MD. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in MD, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Lower-cost Baltimore car insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount available very well, so we break down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies early. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, accident-free, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple autos, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, multi-policy, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, teen safe driver, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, early shopping, distant student, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, and anti-theft.
- USAA may include discounts for driver training, vehicle storage, safe driver, defensive driver, military installation, and annual mileage.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To choose insurance companies with significant discounts in Baltimore, click here to view.
Car insurance can be complex
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What is the ISO rating for a Lexus ES 300h?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Maryland?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my Lexus ES 300h covered if I use it for business?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Baltimore should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Baltimore?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Car insurance agents in Baltimore come in two varieties
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive agents in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, chiropractic care and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance pays for damage to your ES 300h resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your ES 300h in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from flooding, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/15), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 30/60/15 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, pain and suffering, loss of income and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Maryland state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/15 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the best car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Baltimore. The rank data displayed below could help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
A little work can save a LOT of money
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Baltimore can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)