The most effective way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Baltimore. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around annually are inclined to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on insurance in Baltimore is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Cutting your Baltimore insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. The only requirement is to spend a little time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to different Baltimore agent offices. The ability to get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the advice and guidance of a local agency. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. In order to find cheap auto insurance in MD, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Save a ton by getting discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on G35 insurance in Baltimore.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, multiple policy, anti-theft, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, drive less, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Maryland, click here to view.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Baltimore Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
The items below are some of the things that factor into prices.
Prevent theft and save – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Responsible credit saves on auto insurance – Your credit rating can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Infiniti G35 if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
How many coverages with the same company – Most major auto insurance companies will award discounts to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Infiniti G35 rates in Baltimore to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
Marriage discount – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Mature drivers are lower risk – Teen drivers in Maryland tend to be more careless when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a first-time driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.
Mileage impacts premiums – The higher the mileage driven every year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated G35 may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
Liability is peace of mind – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.