The preferred way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Baltimore is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Maryland. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper SS coverage is available in Baltimore. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around for the cheapest price will most likely buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a lower rate. A study showed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is the reason for your visit, understanding the best way to shop and compare car insurance can save time and money.
When looking for affordable Baltimore car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from companies that offer auto insurance in Maryland. The best method to do a complete rate comparison is simply to get online rate quotes. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies helps locate the best rates. Not every company provides online Baltimore SS insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Maryland. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy SS insurance in Baltimore
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can get better car insurance rates.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new SS can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To find insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Maryland, follow this link.
Best car insurance company in Baltimore
Finding a high-quality insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Baltimore. The rank data in the next section can help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help determine your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Single drivers may pay more – Having a spouse may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Obey driving laws and save – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have careless citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- No policy lapses saves money – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages that aren’t used – There are quite a few extra coverages that can add up on your SS policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Chevy SS insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy SS vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet SS Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years