Do you want to learn to get more affordable Audi S4 insurance in Baltimore? Overpriced Audi S4 insurance in Baltimore can empty your checking account and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparing price quotes can save money and help to cut your insurance bill.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year are likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices regularly saved on average $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Audi S4 insurance in Baltimore at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Baltimore is quite easy. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most efficient way to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
Companies offering Audi S4 insurance in Maryland
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Maryland. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Maryland, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
The data table shown next showcases different prices for Audi S4 models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are figured is important for drivers to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$628||$466||$28||$140||$1,532||$128|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$628||$466||$28||$140||$1,532||$128|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$628||$466||$28||$140||$1,560||$130|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$628||$466||$28||$140||$1,560||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can affect rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Audi S4 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Audi S4 premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi S4 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get cheaper Audi S4 insurance in Baltimore with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Audi S4 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, good student, defensive driver, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- USAA offers discounts for defensive driver, vehicle storage, multi-policy, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and family discount.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online shopper, multi-car, anti-theft, claim free, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for switch companies, bundle discounts, pay in full, teen driver, and business and professional.
- State Farm discounts include good student, student away at school, accident-free, safe vehicle, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and good driver.
Before buying, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in Baltimore. To see a list of car insurance companies with the best Audi S4 insurance discounts in Baltimore, click here.
Smart Buyers Save More
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Premiums impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive your Audi in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your S4 may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
Which gender costs less? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The diagram below shows the difference between Audi S4 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Prevent theft and save – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Marriage discount – Having a wife or husband may save some money on your auto insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
Certain occupations raise premiums – Jobs such as doctors, social workers, and dentists usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers such as scientists, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Audi S4 claim statistics – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Audi S4 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S4 4dr 4WD||206||78||182||51||57||75|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy only the required Maryland minimum liability coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Maryland?
- What is the minimum liability in Maryland?
- Will my Audi S4 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Buying from insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in Baltimore.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Baltimore who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes for Audi S4 insurance in Baltimore.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- When do they do a full risk review?
After getting reasonable responses to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance company that is reputable and can service your policy. Just keep in mind you are able to terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent with no way to switch.
In the end, you can save money
Affordable Audi S4 insurance in Baltimore can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Baltimore, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
How to find affordable Audi S4 insurance in Baltimore
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Maryland.
- It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on S4 insurance. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Be sure to place the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much are Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)