It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who get price comparisons are inclined to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding lower prices. A survey found that consumers who compared prices once a year saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Baltimore is your objective, learning how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Really, the only way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Baltimore is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Maryland. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Baltimore. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Baltimore is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have insurance now or just want to save money, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Drivers just have to know how to get comparison rates online.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount very well, so we break down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on A4 insurance in Baltimore.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current A4 insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Baltimore Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it shows financial diligence.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will provide an incentive for signing up on their website.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on A4 insurance in Baltimore.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the difference between Audi A4 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Maryland state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, good driver, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, air bags, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO discounts include bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, drive less, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Baltimore. If you would like to view companies with the best discounts in Maryland, click here.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Audi A4 insurance in Baltimore is to know almost all companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including how much education you have, your credit rating estimate, level of coverage desired, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to all major companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Baltimore.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Maryland, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage table displayed next highlights estimates of prices for Audi A4 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are established can benefit drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$188||$464||$458||$28||$138||$1,276||$106|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$404||$458||$28||$138||$1,216||$101|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$404||$458||$28||$138||$1,216||$101|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$188||$464||$458||$28||$138||$1,276||$106|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$464||$458||$28||$138||$1,298||$108|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$464||$458||$28||$138||$1,298||$108|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$464||$458||$28||$138||$1,298||$108|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$210||$464||$458||$28||$138||$1,298||$108|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$464||$458||$28||$138||$1,298||$108|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$464||$458||$28||$138||$1,298||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Safe drivers Baltimore pay cheaper rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can influence Audi A4 premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Policy lapses lead to higher rates – Letting your insurance expire can be a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
How much liability insurance do you need? – Liability insurance will protect you if you are found liable for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your A4 can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
Male premiums may be higher – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Females and males are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The chart below shows the comparison of Audi A4 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
File claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Maryland give lower rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
Can a thief steal your car? – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop vehicle theft.
Do you have a demanding occupation? – Jobs such as judges, architects, and miners generally have higher rates than average in part from intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Married drivers get better costs – Having a spouse may save some money on your insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Audi A4 insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Audi A4 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A4 4dr 2WD||179||107||103||80||112||100|
|Audi A4 4dr 4WD||160||94||118||66||68||77|
|Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD||145||84||110||47||47||70|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Baltimore who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Maryland?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How are claims handled?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Baltimore?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Bennett-Carll Insurance Agency
7435 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd – Glen Burnie, MD 21061 – (410) 760-6651 – View Map
- John C Bugg III – State Farm Insurance Agent
6711 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21206 – (410) 661-4949 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
7915 Belair Rd – Baltimore, MD 21236 – (410) 882-8200 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to compare prices from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
- Maryland Auto Insurance (the new MAIF)
1215 E Fort Ave #300 – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (800) 492-7120 – View Map
- Hill Point Insurance LLC
1400 S Charles St – Baltimore, MD 21230 – (410) 779-9272 – View Map
- Mason and Carter Inc
23 South St – Baltimore, MD 21202 – (410) 539-6767 – View Map
Auto insurance in Maryland serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A4 insurance, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Maryland is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high prices, not issuing a premium refund or high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Audi A4 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Baltimore car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. More affordable insurance in Baltimore can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional insurance information is located below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Baltimore Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Baltimore Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)