We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who compare rates at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Kia Stinger insurance in Baltimore is to compare quotes once a year from insurers that sell auto insurance in Maryland. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn a little about how insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a low credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more information to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Stinger coverage is available in Baltimore. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One bit of advice is to compare similar coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you are already insured or need new coverage, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Locating the best insurance company for you in Baltimore is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Smart shoppers just need to know the proper methods to buy car insurance on the web.
Affordable Kia insurance price quotes in Baltimore
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Maryland. To find cheaper car insurance in MD, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Kia Stinger Insurance
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine prices.
- High coverage deductibles reduce costs – Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- How much liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- The type of car, truck or SUV you drive affects your costs – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are for small economy passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Use one insurance company and save – Some insurance companies apply a discount to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Kia Stinger insurance discounts in Baltimore
Auto insurance companies do not list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Baltimore car insurance quote.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Stinger can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current Stinger insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Baltimore car insurance online.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include good student, anti-theft, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, driver training, emergency military deployment, federal employee, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and air bags.
- Allstate offers discounts for premier plus, auto/life discount, economy car, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, bundle discounts, drive less, anti-theft, and teen safe driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, and safe driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Baltimore. For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Maryland, follow this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you free Baltimore car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
When searching for a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Baltimore are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can provide car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Baltimore exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Charmaine Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Ellwood Ave – Baltimore, MD 21224 – (410) 675-1900 – View Map
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a – Baltimore, MD 21222 – (410) 282-1379 – View Map
Maryland auto insurance companies
Ending up with a highly-rated company is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Maryland. The company ratings in the lists below may help you analyze which insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Baltimore Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Maryland?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare but don’t skimp
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Kia Stinger insurance premium rates in Baltimore. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Baltimore car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Baltimore Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)