How many times have you told yourself to find cheaper Dodge Nitro insurance in Baltimore? Have you had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other people in Maryland.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices will probably switch companies because there is a high probability of finding discount prices. A study discovered that people who compared rates regularly saved over $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Baltimore is the reason for your visit, then learning about the best way to shop and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Due to the increasing number of choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for a Dodge Nitro in Baltimore, it’s difficult to locate a more affordable insurance company.
We hope to familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and also pocket some savings If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas presented in this article. Although Maryland vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s important to compare price quotes from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Maryland. To get cheap auto insurance in Maryland, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The premium table shown next highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Nitro models. Being aware of how rate quotes are figured can benefit drivers when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$172||$290||$432||$26||$130||$1,050||$88|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$172||$290||$432||$26||$130||$1,050||$88|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$196||$290||$432||$26||$130||$1,074||$90|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$196||$290||$432||$26||$130||$1,074||$90|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$196||$290||$432||$26||$130||$1,074||$90|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$196||$354||$432||$26||$130||$1,138||$95|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$196||$354||$432||$26||$130||$1,138||$95|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$196||$354||$432||$26||$130||$1,138||$95|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$196||$354||$432||$26||$130||$1,138||$95|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$222||$354||$432||$26||$130||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in Baltimore location which can raise or lower coverage prices substantially.
Dodge Nitro liability-only versus full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Nitro insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set guideline that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Nitro claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dodge with a loan, most banks will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Determines Dodge Nitro Insurance Prices?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Uninterrupted coverage saves money – Driving with no insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines and jail time.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop vehicle theft.
Vehicle risk influences costs – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data uses these variables: married male driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Dodge Nitro insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
- Physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – Liability insurance will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Affordable car insurance rates are out there
Lower-priced car insurance in Baltimore can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you quote Baltimore car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find discount Dodge Nitro insurance in Baltimore
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Dodge Nitro insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Baltimore.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- How Much is Baltimore Car Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Baltimore? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)